We worship together every Sunday at 10:00 a.m., with beautiful organ and piano-based music and a mix of classic and modern liturgy. All are invited to share in Holy Communion which we celebrate each Sunday.
Advent and Christmas at Christ Church Lutheran
Lent is a time of preparation. How can we open ourselves to God’s presence throughout our lives? We often try out new practices or deepen existing ones. It is important to also imagine what practices we might want to continue as we move through Lent into the rest of the year.
At Christ Church, we will be offering worship and some special programs as a part of our Lenten Experience. Each Sunday, our worship (hybrid) will be centered on ancient rituals paired with language to tie us to the present. During the week, we will have a contemplative Bible Study (hybrid), and a mid-week Prayer Service (available on demand).
Schedule for February 18 – March 24
- Sunday 10 am Worship service. In-person or via Zoom
- Weekly Prayer Service. Available Wednesday mornings here.
- Bible Study 5 pm. In-person or via Zoom
- Saturday Fun & Games, Activity-based Childcare for Kids in K-5th Grade, on March 16.
Schedule for Holy Week, March 24 – March 31
- Thursday 6:30 pm Maundy Thursday Worship service. In-person or via Zoom
- Friday 6:30 pm Good Friday Worship service. In-person or via Zoom
- Saturday 6:30 pm Easter Vigil Worship & celebration. In-person or via Zoom
- Sunday 10 am Easter Worship & celebration. In-person or via Zoom
Walking in the way of Christ, we connect and care for each other, our communities, and the world.
We are a community of folks connected to the Sunset District in San Francisco and joined together by Christ in service to each other and to our neighbors. We seek to nurture each other in the shared life formed by learning from Christ’s teachings, being transformed by this experience, and living these teachings in the world.
We welcome you to join us whether you are looking for a church home, visiting, or just curious. We invite you no matter your race, your skin color, your gender identities and expressions, your sexual orientation, your national origin, or your native languages.