During Advent, we wait for the coming of Jesus in the past, present, and future. We hear wild stories! Stories about visions of the future; stories about a king who will come to bring peace and joy; stories about our preparing for all of this. And yet we celebrate Christmas when the one who comes appears as a vulnerable baby, born in a stable to young parents of limited means, and yet celebrated by angels and shepherds and all the rest. And so during Advent we explore all of this and what it means for us, right now. Join us.
Throughout Advent, we offer our regular and special programs:
- Sunday morning worship at 10 am, followed by coffee hour, in person and via Zoom.
- Advent Morning prayer, Wednesdays at 7 am and 10 am, via Zoom or available on the website.
- Wednesday evening Bible Study at 6 pm, via Zoom.
- Saturday Fun & Games, Activity-based Childcare for Kids in K-5th Grade, on Dec. 16.
- Collecting new white socks for men and women to be shared with Night Ministry and Project Homeless Connect
Christmas Eve & Christmas
- Christ Church will offer a Christmas Eve service at 6:30, followed by our Christmas reception.
- We will also offer an intimate service on Christmas Day at 10 am.
- Finally, if you’re still wanting more Christmas music, join us on Sunday, Dec. 31, for a service of lessons and carols, featuring many Christmas favorites!